Our burial ground is one of the only two working Quaker burial grounds in London. For more information about burials please see here: Burial Ground.
The very earliest interments at Brentford and Isleworth were in our north burial ground and have no headstones. A single stone and a plaque on the wall markthese interments.
The southern burial ground was given to the Meeting by Sarah Angell in 1824. The centre of this area contains the remains of Friends buried originally in the Friends Burial Ground at Long Acre between 1675 and 1757 until they were moved in 1892.
Graves were marked with both a headstone and a footstone, but these latter have been removed to make mowing easier.
As in all Quaker burial grounds, the stones are low and uniform with only names and dates. This reflects the Quaker testimony to equality.